16.9.10

In the Beginning..there was Bettie

Ok, tonight I'm going to reveal my (not so secret) obsession. Bettie Page. I love her! I collect her photos! I have over 6000 of them and they're all organized by outfit...I may have OCD...LOL

Well today I randomly came across a Tumbler feed of Bettie Page Photos called "Bettie Page is all the Rage" it is a collection of some of the rarest photos I've seen...so of course I added them to my collection.
In truth, her adorableness is what really got me into things from the past; pin up, rockabilly and luckily vintage housewares and styles. I fell in love with the lingerie and the clothing.
Sweater dresses, kitten heels...
play suits, bathing suits...
satin, lace and KITTENS!

I always wished I could have hair like hers...I still do. If I'm lucky and if I ever have a little girl she will end up with my husbands hair which is just like Bettie's complete with perfect "fresh from the box barbie hair" waves. I'm so jealous and he knows it...tee hee. As you can guess I named my shop after her and at one time (about 50 lbs ago) I used to look like Bettie...people would ask me if I had a tattoo of myself on my leg...ok, for one who gets a tattoo of themselves? and for two she is still way cuter than me.

Her style inspired me to take the plunge to dark hair and bangs...if you can believe it, I'm naturally blonde...not platinum anymore but still what I like to call ashy-uglified blonde. So, yeah. Bettie is a big part of my life and I love everything she has brought me...without her, there would be no BBV, no pin up, no vintage ad collection and no vintage swimsuit collection and I wouldn't know the first thing about what a bullet bra is other than Madonna.

So yeah, I'm excited and THANK YOU BETTIE for all your inspiration. I wouldn't have done it without you.
P.S. if anyone knows where I can find a suit like this...I need to know! I was thinking of having one made since Bettie made all her own suits (fun fact) I doubt there is another like it.

Also, I have added a TON of new items to the shop 29 to be exact. Lots of cold weather wear. Coats, sweaters, wool skirts and hats. And there is plenty more where that came from!
As you can see there are lots of new sponsors as well so check them out.
GIVEAWAYS ARE COMING SOON!

4 comments:

Carys said...

I don't know much about her, but based on these pictures I rather love her! She looks so adorable, what great photos!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

InkyW said...

she is a often the introduction to a vintage look for many a lass and laddie! She has the ideal beauty in my opinion. I'm just reading a biography of her life that is very interesting http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0806520752/ref=oss_product

Q's Daydream said...

she is wonderful! I love her story...and her bangs ;o)

Bombshell Bettie said...

Oh yes Inky I have that same book. I haven't finished it though and every time I pick it up I want to start from the beginning so I didn't miss anything.

Carys, she is my very favorite pin up of all time. I mean, how could she not be?