26.9.10

Crinnies and Cookies

Today I got a late start, the hubs and I lazed around most of the day in our jammies but when we finally went out I wanted to look cute, even if we were just going to the grocery store. I went with my favorite dress the jumblelaya dress. But instead of wearing it with my usual cropped red cardigan I decided to go with a recent etsy purchase a navy short sleeve cardigan. I wore it wrapped and belted with my favorite red belt and FINALLY got to wear my bakelite boat pin.
I also go to take my new pumps from lisazain for a spin.
And my new crinnie! Its super full and soft, much softer than my net one.
I also discovered today that it has cute little bugs on the scallops.

And I got to wear my navy anchor hair bow from OriginalCenz
I love my little boat! :D

I got lots of stares, some look-backs. Some smiles and some frowns toward my look today...but wha-cha gunna do? While we were out at the store I decided I needed to make cookies..so we grabbed all the things I needed and after some steaks and smashed 'taters. I put on my jammies and apron and started in on the cookies. I'm making my favorite chocolate chip cookies with walnuts YUMMMM.
this is a big bowl of butter...its a nice start, don't you think?!
Hair is up in classic "baking style"





my favorite part of cookies, the beaters.
does anyone else have a cookie spoon? I use this spoon only to make cookies. It makes them the perfect size.

Not too shabby...my hubs already had 4 of them..hehe
Cookie run way. I always use paper bags for my cookies, its a great way to recycle them.

Also, the first GIVEAWAY is up right now and closes on Oct 3rd. (link top right)

18 comments:

Solanah said...

Cute, cute, and cute.

I love that pic of you beaming at the camera! And now I want cookies :)

xoxo
Solanah
vixenvintage.blogspot.com

Bombshell Bettie said...

hehehe, i'm not above a cheesy grin over a big bowl of butter! ;)

Vivian V. Dimples said...

Oh, Cookies! I haven't baked in the longest time. I love your new petticoat, it's a scream!

Helen said...

Oooh. Lovely! May I ask where you found your crinoline? Is it vintage? I'm looking to buy one but I don't know where to start.

Bombshell Bettie said...

Helen, it was a lucky find at the local thrift. I got it for a scream, just $20! But you can usually find them at antique stores and second hand stores. Right now is a great time to find vintage in thrifts because its "halloween costume" season.

art deco dame said...

Eeee!youre the cutest!

Bombshell Bettie said...

Des <3 <3 <3 YOU are the cutest, got my tie BTW LOVE it!

Mrs Cleaver said...

Everything about that outfit is perfect & you look gorgeous!
The cookies look scrumptious too:)

Zohar said...

HUn send me some cookies in the mail! They look good :)
You look so cute in your dress and I love the little flies on your crinoline. Ah I need a short crinoline so bad!

Sue said...

Too cute! I love the outfit :) and now I am craving cookies! Maybe my daughter will bake some for me this afternoon. That crinoline was such a great find! I scored a ton (ok, 53!!) at an auction last May - the lady of the house was a big-time square dance enthusiast. Even after my daughter and I picked the 12 or so each to keep, I still have a crinoline mountain in my guest room! Want one?

Hugs, (and wishing for a cookie!)
Sue

Unknown said...

LOVE that petticoat! It is cotton? Can you show pics of the underside so we can see the layers? I would love to try and recreate it since it is a thrift store find and I can't buy outright.

Bombshell Bettie said...

sure Tart hun I'll go snap some pics of it for you ;)

Sue: OMG seriously?! I'd KILL for more crinnies. They're impossible to find over here. Let me know how much you would want for them. I'd like to snag several if I could.

Kir said...

Where's the recipe for the cookies? :D

I still have to find my first crinoline. Yours looks fantastic!

Bombshell Bettie said...

Cookie Recipe

Ingredients
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12 oz pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup (6 oz pkg) chopped walnuts

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beat until fully integrated. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts with a large spoon using the folding method. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until browned (my oven took 14 mins)

then after cooling on baking sheet for a few mins remove to cooling rack, wax paper or paper bag.

Anonymous said...

Oi! You are a sight for sore eyes. You have the most beautiful mischievous grin, ma'am. I love how you put that outfit together. And you made me salivate looking at your cookie batter.

I still want that danged seashell dress. I wish I were independently wealthy!

Sue said...

My crinolines are tulle, not nylon, but I have more than enough to share! What's your favorite color? There's some pics on my blog of the big crinoline score (look under the Vintage Chic category) and you will see what I mean about a mountain of froth! The elastic on some are stretch out a bit.

Hugs,
Sue

Bombshell Bettie said...

Tulle is just fine too. My other crinnie is tulle. I'm really hoping for a red one and a pink one and a navy one if you've got it.

Unknown said...

adorable outfit!
3> fashionforestry.blogspot.com