21.4.10

My New Baby

As a those of you who have been following my blog for a while know..I am a lamp fiend. I have a collection of lamps that I LOVE and I always want to buy more. I have a really hard time NOT buying more..and more and more. My husband put his foot down after I bought the pair of table lamps that are now in our bedroom. But today I got to stop by a store I've always wanted to go to but have never had the chance and I found a new baby and my husband even encouraged me to buy it so you KNOW its good...hehehe. An Danish-Modern "Tulip"(?) floor lamp with spider spun fiberglass shades and atomic wood wings. I have always wanted a lamp like this but always figured it was out of my price range...which up until today it has been. Mid-century floor lamps as some of you know go for a pretty penny online or in an antique store. Its always the small, random shops where you find the best deals. Here are some pictures of my new baby. I found this little gem for just $60. YEAH!








10 comments:

olygirl said...

Yay for you!!! What a score. Yeah I love mid-century stuff too, but its usually way beyond my spending limits. Always worth every penny, I just need more pennies to spend! LOL I'm doing the happy dance with you. Vintage mojo seems to be with you right now! Awesome find.

Atomic Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Atomic Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Atomic Mama said...

let me try again haha god! that one would be a tough one to pass up!

art deco dame said...

love it!the covers are awesome,one facebook they looked like glass but I can see they're that spun covers now which makes them THAT much more awesome!I wouldn't have passed on them either.

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Ah, that's fantastic! I have a little bit of a lamp problem, myself.

Bombshell Bettie said...

I polished it up last night and gave the shades a quick dip in oxyclean to remove some of the yellowing and stickiness (probably from cigarette smoke) The wood "leaves" need to be refinished and one of the shades has a loose piece of fiberglass inside..but for the price I'd say it was still a darn good deal <3 YAY Today is treasure hunt day so I'm hoping my vintage mojo is still on this afternoon.

Frankie's Wife said...

Love your lamp! They aren't just for decoration, they are also wonderful for setting the mood in a room with variable light adjustments...ahhh!

There's nothin' like steppin' into a MidMod room with soft lighting from the vintage fixtures that abound!

I'm obsessed too...can you tell?

Anonymous said...

super score! so gorgeous, how could you NOT buy this one!? Def have the lamp addiction to conquer, also. I have a bunch in my closet awaiting their glory day when we "have a bigger place"......

Malayka said...

Wow what an absolutely stunning lamp! nice score.