11.4.10

The Girl Can't Help It...

Ok guilty pleasure, I love "The Girl Can't Help It" with Jayne Mansfield. She is a blond bombshell with curves for days. I watched it 3 times last week. I was going to do a whole feature on all her outfits in the movie but I didn't realize how many outfits there were so I decided to concentrate on one outfit and re-create it several times. Here is my (second) favorite outfit from the movie. The sheer white shirt with sash belt and cigarette pants, pictured above.
Here is the first one crisp white beautiful cigarette pants from MyVintageCocktail
Beautiful coral nylon blouse from JoulesJewels and
gorgeous patterned scarf that ties it all together from ThickandThinVintage
Second set is in my favorite color ORANGE. Cigarette pants courtesy of MyVintageCocktail again
Pretty simple bow neck blouse with flared waist from TheHopeTree
Awesome sheer scarf in shades of the sun from Crystal's Closet
Third set putting more color in it with these striped cigarette pants from TheSpectrum
Loving this shirt with the dolly collar that has little rosebuds on it from TheGreedySeagull
Extra long scarf with colors that match the pants and the rosebuds in the shirt, really ties this all together; from KissesFromAna I like the mod feel of the pants with the delicate details of the blouse.
This one is so much fun a floral pair of extra skinny cigarette pants from BigYellowTaxiVintage
Beautiful ruffle blouse in powder pink from StoryBoutique
Ribbon belt is absoutely perfect. A simple thin belt to offset the craziness of the pants and ruffle bust on the shirt. From AntiqueRibbon
This one might be my favorite. I think its the closest to the set in the movie. The striping on the shirt (from GrandmasCedarChest) is perfect. The sunny yellow of the pants from MyVintageCocktail matched with the polka dot sash belt from OhTwoVintage..ooh I just love it!

1 comment:

Mosquito Head Madchen said...

wow.. I love the last outfit!!!
it was funny to read this psot because I've loved that film for sooo many years! :D