18.3.10

Bestest Bathing Suits

Ok ladies, its that time of year again...the time when you panic because you still have about 30 lbs to loose before summer hits and you have to be seen in something less concealing than your winter coat. Well maybe its just me...but I could always stand to loose about 50 lbs or so..seems strange that I would collect bathing suits, one of the most revealing piece of clothing someone can own and I'm one of the shyest least confident people you'll ever meet. No one says I have to wear it right? But maybe you can! Here are the top shelf picks from Etsy for vintage swimwear, not exactly the every day sort of suit..investment pieces all around...but boy oh boy are they worth the dough.
Rose Marie Reid stunning in strawberry one piece with skirted front and rushing up the middle. From traven7
A beauty in blue rushed all over larger size (YES!) bloomer fit suit from exquisitebones
THE sexiest swimsuit around the lace illusion suit with modesty panels. Very deep front with the pearlescent buttons. *swoon* I really wish I could find one of these in my size. Fashion House Vintage
Ahoy Sailorette! Here is another red suit (personally I like the details on this one more) very pin up, skirted front, rushed waist, blue and white banding. TiddleyWink..Jewelry -Vintage
Guys? C'mon you know you love guys in vintage too! Anyone know where I can find some to fit a 6'5" 270 pounder? no? oh well ;) I love these almost shorts, almost briefs trunks! Great tiki print! Also from TiddleyWink
Rushed Rainbow. Wowsers! 40s Chevron stripe suit with bandeau top. Excellent condition! Congrats to LittleThingsVintage for the amazing find!
Made like Marilyn, this tone on tone paisley suit is stunning, NOS. Skirted front WOW. Tiny though. Hope one of you snags it! PetalProducts
This is gorgeous, another red rushed suit, this time with halter style petal bust with the CUTEST novelty print. Little yellow birds in wire cages! OMG too cute! Lots of great finds in this store Archivia
Bloomer in black and white! Love the little bow on the bust. I adore this suit, but it looks like it would be too short for me (I'm freakishly long torso'd), cutest ever from ArtDecoDame

I'm going to be a butt and include the links to the suits I have up for sale right now too :P just in-case you wanted to look.
red nylon 60s suit
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=41868263
Playtex rubber striped tie bust suit
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=31454867
80s does 50s playsuit
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=32838845

3 comments:

Twila Jean said...

awe thanks for including me. Good god do I love vintage swimwear. its sickening.. hehe. I have kept so many suits for my shop once I have gotten them home and they fit. lol

Bombshell Bettie said...

I love your suit!!!
Me too! I hardly find any around here. Ive been lucky so far, I'm hoping this year will be much more fruitful than last year in the bathing suit department ;)

Betty2Tone said...

Those are all so pretty. They make me wish I actually went swimming sometimes! The funny thing is they cover so much more than most modern bathing suits, but they are far more sexy :) That can be said for most vintage I guess!

http://betty2tone.blogspot.com/