11.11.10

Aunt Bettie

My first...and probably only Niece, Scarlett was born on Tuesday and I took the day off from work (in the shop and my 40hr) to go and see her for the first time. She is just delightful! She is the tiniest baby I've ever seen in person and I didn't want to hold her because she is so tiny...and I'm pretty clumsy but they handed her to me and she napped in my arms for probably an hour. This little stinker totally made my hubs "baby crazy" but being the ever-logical one, I analyzed myself out of wanting a baby (for a while at least)...its just not doable for our budget/house/lifestyle currently....so I guess I'll just have to spoil my Niece instead! :D I already bought several personalized things for her and I would LOVE some ideas for baby or new parent gifts...Some fun things I can get for the new family. Being an aunt is awesome, you get to be the one that buys her fun things her parents wont, you know, take her to get her hair done and her nose pierced after her dad says "no"...teehee...I can't wait! Here are a few shots of me and the little miss.Scarlett's "elvis lip"
me and the little stinker
the hubs holding her..she was hungry and sucking on her hand..way cute!
Sleeping with her mouth open...awwwww
She is going to be so much fun! Very excited for the new addition to the family....
I also made this treasury in her honor.
Just so you know, I DID pick up stuff for the shop today..don't worry, I didn't forget you guys. I'll be doing a post tomorrow on the new stuff coming to the shop...lots of winter-wear.

6 comments:

Melissa Righero said...

I'm so, so in love with your baby niece <3 Love her name btw...dare I say so vintage?

Miss Emmi said...

Haha, that last picture looks like me during chemistry lectures! She's very cute!

Anonymous said...

omg! such a lovely baby!!!!!!!!!

hello! i recently discovered your blog! is amazing, keep going on this good job! you my check out mine, you`ll love it! if you follow, i`ll return the favor! tnx!

DumpsterDivinDame said...

what a precious little darling!! congrats on the new addition to your family! I love nieces and nephews, they're so much fun! xo

Randi said...

Such a lovely name for a darling little girl! Congrats, Auntie!

Jen said...

She is just too cute! Congrats to the family about this darling new addition!