18.5.10

Coming Up Roses

When I was a little'n my grandma had a huge (or what I assume was huge, I was much smaller then) Garden of roses next to her driveway. It was all blocked off with cinderblocks and I was never allowed in because of the thorns. So I got to smell them from afar. When we moved into this house We had a bush of red roses next to our back door that I removed and gave to my friend the summer summer we moved in and a pink rose bush out front that I've tripped over about 100 times and stuck myself on more times than I care to count that I finally got fed up with and removed last year after I tripped over the sprinkler and landed belly first on it...YEOUCH! Although they smell lovely they're just too much work for someone like me who can hardly keep tulips alive, I'm not exaclty a green thumb...more of a barely alive mostly yellow thumb..just like my grass...LOL. I'm hoping that moving to the evening shift at work will give me more time to clean and tend to the house and yard as well as more time to search for vintage treasures. Since I don't have any pretty flowers to look at now that my tulips are almost gone and my lilacs are beginning to fade to white I thought I would find some pretty rose print dresses to drool over. I may not like to tend to them..but they sure are inspiring!
Super cute pink and raspberry with keyhole back. So perfect for summer!
Catbooks1940
Too cute soft pink tone on tone rose print dress with double breasted bodice. LOVE! Wish it were my size!
Landof1000Dresses
Antique roses summer party dress with unique sleeve details and adorable waist bow!
FashionHouseVintage
Pretty in pink chiffon party dress. Falling roses into a large layer of lovelies!
VioletVilleVintage
Stunning gold and red rose print with double straps and full half circle skirt!
TimelessVixenVintage
Unique color combo of grass green, salmon olive and tan. What a sweet little cocktail dress.
FabGabs
Atomic print yellow rosebud Jantzen swimsuit..Lovely. I've never seen anything like it!
FrauleinMarlene
Embroidered orange roses shift dress. Roses in my faaaav color!
Scottieinacanoe
Peach and gray party dress with accordion pleats. So lovely!
Pretty Little World Vintage
Bold red rose print party dress with super full skirt.
RedBoxVintage
Adorable straw sun hat with big red rose and just a little bit of tulle. love the way they styled the head too!
Marysvintagevisions
Beautiful red rose print scarf. For your hair, ascot or even belt it.
BetaAccessories
Adorable circlet in mint green with veil and huge rose on top. SOOO CUTE!
RageoftheAge
Stunning rose applique 40s crepe party dress. The details are amazing!
TangerineFlamingo
Roses are red and as big as my head in this halter dress. I want!
RedBoxVintage
Simple and elegant, eyelet sun dress with rose shelf bust. So sophisticated!
TimelessVixenVintage
And concluding is this amazing layers and layers true evening dress. How gorgeous with some velvet babydolls?! Oh yeah!
LindaTracyAllen

There were SO many gorgeous rose print dresses I had to cut down this featurette many times, if you give them a search there are about 40 pages of just "rose print" so if you need help finding something just comment and I'll help! :D Its what I love to do!

1 comment:

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Whoa! These are stunners. That catbooks1940s dress is mind-blowing, but my favorite might be the LindaTracyAllen evening dress.

I winced when I read about your falling into the rose bush. That sounds like something that would happen to me! I am completely lacking a green thumb, but I do enjoy the poppies and daffodils that pop up in our yard every spring.