22.4.12

Easy BBQ "Salad"

Just about every family gathering i've gone to since as long as I can remember we've always brought "salads". You know, pistachio salad or broccoli salad or berry salad. My mom has always been the "queen" of salads in our family..well I love pistachio salad, my mom would always make a huge bowl of it and while trying to figure out what I was going to bring to thanksgiving I made my own take on the pistachio salad and its my go-to salad now. I make it for every gathering, heck. I made it today. Its my "signature" and i am expected to bring it and its so yummy and EASY I don't mind at all!

What you'll need:
1 (3.5 oz) box coconut cream jello
2 (11 oz) cans of mandarin oranges
1 (8 oz) container of whipped topping
1/2 bag (8 oz) mini marshmallows

All you have to do..
 pour jello mix into your favorite container
 add 1 can (with syrup) and 1 can (with syrup drained) to jello
 mix & chop the oranges into chunks
 add half the whipped topping and mix and mix and mix
then add the rest, (adding it in stages is easier and makes less mess...trust me)
 then add about half a bag of mini marshmallows
and mix..
done..
yeah, that's it...it takes about 5 minutes. 
This much serves at least 6-8 people, I like to chill it for at least an hour or 2 before serving so the marshmallows get plump and soft. Its quick and cheap and everyone loves it. Like I said, I made it today for my hubs' bday bbq and I thought you all might want to try it.

1 comment:

Mariela Santillan said...

My mom did something similar to this at all our birthdays. It was so yummy.